Hangover Helper

10 tips to ease the pain

Next » 1 of 11
Hangover Helper OK, so we’re here to give you some hangover helper advice. To be clear, we hope to help you. And your hangover? Not so much. Some of these may work to help take the edge off a hangover. I know that hair of the dog certainly works for me, but the only fool-proof solution to minimizing the effects of a hangover are preventative.

If it’s no fun not drinking one’s self into a pre-hangover stupor, at least take some common sense precautions and you’ll be able to rise bright-eyed and bushy-tailed the afternoon after any party!

Mentioned in this article

Comments

• I recommend drinking as much water as you can before going to sleep.

Jan 01, 2011 at 10:26 AM

• Snooth User: yevatela
    655542 1

Tried and true for us for many years: Take two Super B Complex vitamins and two aspirin/Advil/Aleve (whatever your preference) with water before you go to bed. Accelerates the dissemination of alcohol in your system (your pee will be a bright yellow/orange) and you will have no residual effects. Works like a charm. Sometimes we take it before we start drinking ... as sometimes I've been too drunk to remember to take them ...

Jan 01, 2011 at 12:19 PM

• Snooth User: jasonswe
    506077 1

water before bed. i usually start with glasses of water later in the evening (after party half-time you could say). everything i drink is followed by a glass of h2o. then just before bed i will pound as much water as i can. never a problem. we also have a juicer so i take full advantage of having that around during a very light breakfast the next day, in fact, the freshly pressed juice is most often the only breakfast i take the next morning. then VERY important to go for a walk outdoors and get oxygenated! this helps tremendously. tried 'n true to avoid the black n' blues....

Jan 01, 2011 at 1:47 PM

• I agree with all of the advice above, especially the water and the vitamins. I also always order a water with every drink I order and alternate sips from each. This has several advantages: It helps me with pace. I keeps me hydrated, and it makes me "fuller" on less beer (my drink of choice). I have tried this method with other alternates, such as juice or club soda, but water seems to work the best. I think waking up hydrated and having that water in my system to help out the liver in the process of breaking down the alcohol is key for me.

Jan 01, 2011 at 11:34 PM

• Snooth User: Philip James
    Founding Member Hand of Snooth Voice of Snooth
    1 12,549

I was told by a doctor that coconut water was very good - electrolyte rich

Jan 02, 2011 at 7:15 PM

• 1000 mg of vitamin C, two aspirin tablets and water to the brim. As much as you can possibly drink without throwing up. As nasty as it sounds, can do miracles.

Jan 03, 2011 at 5:32 AM

• Snooth User: kelvin8r
    471439 24

A full glass of water between drinks helps prevent hangovers from happening in the first place. Alcohol screws up your blood sugar level so have some juice in the morning to rebalance. Loading up with vitamins or NSAIDs can't be good for your liver-it's already working overtime processing all the booze!

Jan 13, 2011 at 10:39 PM